FreekNation Community Spotlight: Apex Legends
FreekNation is all about working together to get better at the games we love! To celebrate our new Apex Legends Performance Thumbsticks, we asked three leaders of our FreekNation Apex Legends community to share some of their essential tips to improving at the game as well as a little bit about themselves, why they love Apex Legends, and where you can find their content to learn more!
My name is Tristen aka staycation. I started playing Apex Legends within the first 60 minutes of release and have been playing every day since. I fell in love with the game because of how free you felt movement wise in comparison to any other shooter at the time. Still to this day it holds up as the most exciting shooter and battle royale for me. I’ve always had a passion for shooters but Apex was the first game that got me invested into the genre to a whole other level. I have been placing master rank for the past few splits.
- Teamwork is just as important as gun skill in Apex. Although without gun skill you won’t go very far in the game, you equally won’t go as far if you try to do things alone. 3 average players together will always be better than 1 really good player.
- Considering we are in season 14 now, playing every legend and having a good understanding of how every character works is something that’s overlooked, it’s okay to main a single character. But make sure you understand all of them or you’ll fall behind when trying to figure out how to push or defend certain situations
- And finally for tip 3. It can be confusing to know what is safe and what isn’t a safe fight in Apex. Apex Legends has become notorious for brutal 3rd parties and getting eliminated in what feels like impossible situations. The best thing to ask yourself before getting into fights is, how will other teams around react? And do I even know if there are teams around me? If you security check your fights with those questions before you engage. You’ll give yourself the best chance to come out on top!
My name is Justin, online I go by Revengeful. I've been playing Apex since the release and been grinding the game ever since. I am currently the #1 Revenant and have hit Apex Predator rank several times. I got into Apex just by randomly searching for new games to play, I play alotta shooting games and Apex was like instantly a perfect match for my liking, with how unique the movement and gunplay is in this game.
- KNOW YOUR ROLE: One thing I love about Apex is the diverse legend pool, every legend has different abilities and purposes. Play accordingly to your team comp that you’re running.
- MENTALITY: For pubs my mindset is just to get as many kills as possible. The best way to improve is by playing aggressive, not being scared to take fights. That's how you improve your gun skill.
- SETTINGS: DO NOT change your settings often. I know a lot of people that do this, and it just makes their aim worse. Find a nice sensitivity you like and stick with it. You’ve got to give yourself time to adjust and sometimes copying pros isn't always the best, it's all just preference
My name is Kobi, I have been playing Apex Legends since the first week of the release with no intent to create content. That is until I was lucky enough to earn the first ever world record for the most solo eliminations at the time which was 30 on PlayStation 4 but I switched to PC during 2019 and that same video was my first apex legends video posted! I have reached the highest rank apex predator about 10 times but play more casual now.
- I do use a controller with the OMNI KontrolFreek on the right thumbstick and none on the left with no paddles. I use the claw technique with a sensitivity of 5-4 ADS but that may change due to my current loadouts I run.
- With almost 7000 hours total across all platforms the best advice I could give to all apex legends players no matter what you play on is consistency and communication. Playing with a squad of friends that you have really good in-game chemistry with will benefit you a lot as they will be aware of the playstyle you all play.
- Just like any sport or musical instrument or really anything in life, you need to practice to become the best to your ability. This is the same thing with gaming, so don't give up and keep pushing the limits!
For more expert Apex Legends tips or to just watch some elite and entertaining gameplay, check out Staycation, Revengeful, and Kobi on Twitch! If you are looking for more controller tips for your favorite games, check out our other KontrolFreek Blogs. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok to stay up to date on the latest gaming content and join our Twitch streams for opportunities to win free KontrolFreek and SteelSeries products!
Find out about what's going on with our latest news.